Attorney Donald Beckner provides litigation services in all United States District Courts, Courts of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. He also represents clients worldwide. Some examples of cases he has handled include:
- Raymond E. Heck, Doug Hamley, Charles Moore, Joseph McKearn, Allen Richardson versus Kenneth K. Buhler, Wayne Triche, Civil Action No. 07-021-RET-CN, United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana – Securities fraud obtaining a successful jury verdict in Federal Court, after extensive litigation, on allegations of violations of Rule 10b-5 and state securities laws.
- Interstate Restoration Group, Inc. v. Al Copeland Investments, Inc., et al., Civil Action No. 07-970, Section M (3), United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.– Construction claims regarding our client's restoration of hotels and restaurants after Hurricane Katrina that was settled on the eve of trial for a substantial sum of money.
- In the matter of Hampton Village, Inc. in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Jet Drill Well Services, LLC v. Tianjin New Highland Science and Technology Development Company, Ltd. a/k/a Sinotech Energy Limited, No. 12-01849, U. S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana – Business fraud case pending.
- United States of America v. Benjamin David Gilliland, et al., Criminal No: 3:00CR48/LAC, United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, Pensacola Division, and Securities and Exchange Commission v. Funding Resource Group, et al. and Howe Financial Trust, et al. No. 3:98-CV2689-X, United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division.– Securities fraud cases alleging a $60 million Ponzi scheme against our client settled on favorable terms and with two separate reductions of sentence.
- Gary Dowdy, Lenny Johnson and Dale Haydel v. James B. Lee, Donald G. Glynn, Glynn Construction L.L.C. and Glynn Lee Investments, L.L.C., No. 540570, 19th Judicial District Court, Parish of East Baton Rouge, State of Louisiana – Obtained a dismissal of plaintiffs' construction claims against our clients prior to trial.
- Plaintiffs vs. William R. Kerr
- Carl R. Allen, Edgar D. Allen, Ida D. Allen, Sloane Davis-Alexander, Larry Blansett, Mitchell Bourgeois, Dwayne Breaux, Peter J. Ferrari, III, Chester L. Forest, Kenneth C. Gremillion, Gary R. Mitchell, Robert J. Mitchell, John Rogers, Maurice L. Simmons, James B. Stewart, III versus Harald Rosell, Enrique Iglesias, Romona Holcombe, Civil Action No. 99-496-C-1, United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana. Securities fraud claims in which my clients alleged fraud scheme purporting to selling medium-term bank debentures of the 20 largest European banks. After extensive litigation, obtained a favorable settlement from defendant who resided in Europe.
- Gregory J. Hall and Arcadia Resources, Ltd. versus Mark Cohen, Creai Action Service, Creai Ile de France, Creai-Cohen, a Joint Venture, Jean Pierre Martinez, Charles H. Weaver, Summerfield International Services, Inc., Majestic Rose, Inc., Sentry Overseas (Bahamas) Inc., T.M.I. Generating, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Case No. 01-8060-Civ-Dimitrouleas.–Securities fraud case involving French corporations settled favorably after substantial litigation.
- ED RENTON, FRED HALL, MARY H. RENTON, L.L. FLENIKEN, JR., GLORIA HALL, ELIZABETH CALDWELL, HUM LIVING TRUST, AND FRANK LOPINTO v. RIVER CITY FINANCE CO. INC., Number 547111, Division D, 19th Judicial District Court, Parish of East Baton Rouge State of Louisiana; and FRED HALL, ALEX M. PITALO, MARY H. RENTON, L.L. FLENIKEN, JR., VIRGINIA ROPPOLO REYNOLDS, ROBERT S. FIFE and BARBARA B. FIFE, GLORIA HALL, ELIZABETH CALDWELL, HUM LIVING TRUST, FRANK LOPINTO, HAROLD HARMS, and SANDRALEIGH GIBSON v. FIDELITY BANK AND TRUST COMPANY, Number 534453, Section 27, 19th Judicial District Court, Parish of East Baton Rouge State of Louisiana; and In re: River City Finance, Inc., Chapter 7, Case No. 08-10480, United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Louisiana, and Martin A. Schott, Trustee v. Fidelity Bank, et al. Adversary Proceeding No. 08-1104, Chapter 7, Case No. 08-10480, United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Louisiana.– Represented creditors in adversary proceeding in Bankruptcy Court and, after extensive litigation alleging fraud, we prevented the debtor corporation from distributing $1 million to the owners of the debtor corporation and recovered some of the funds for my clients, the creditors.
Note: The cases litigated during the time when Mr. Beckner served as United States attorney and earlier as assistant district attorney have not been included in this representative list.
Contact Donald L. Beckner & Associates to schedule a confidential consultation with Mr. Beckner. You can also call the firm at 225-769-7779.